There are murmurs of ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ floating around, but what exactly is it?
At first we thought it was a song. Then a TV show.
Turns out it’s an erotic fiction novel that originally evolved out of a Twilight fanfiction. It’s been dubbed “mommy porn,” per the article at The Daily Beast, which might be a new literary category one might find at a few remaining bookstores in the near future. But don’t get confused, it’s not Twilight fanfiction, it’s more S&M bondage-y among college-age characters. The “Grey” comes from the male protagonist, Christian Grey. So, there you go, the book in a tiny nutshell.
And, of course, what’s pumping the hype about this novel is that it’s been bought by Hollywood to become a movie. According to Deadline.com, the rites to the book’s film adaptation has been sold to Universal Pictures and Focus Features.
Read More On LIVE105.com:
- Win Tickets To Both Nights Of Live 105’s NSSN And Backstage Passes!
- Angry Trump Fans Confuse LeVar Burton With LaVar Ball
- Steph Curry Lost A Bet And Must Wear A Fanny Pack To Games
- Rashida Jones Denies Claims John Lasetter Made ‘Unwanted Advances’
- Jurassic World’s Colin Trevorrow Teases Sequel In New Preview
- Lorde Covers Whitney Houston in Celebration of Same-Sex Marriage in Australia