I always noticed that they had plenty of vinyl available every time I was in one of their stores, but I didn’t realize they sold THAT much.
Urban Outfitters is now the biggest retailer of vinyl records in the world.
“Music is very, very important to the Urban customer… in fact, we are the world’s number one vinyl seller,” Calvin Hollinger, the company’s chief administrative officer, said at a meeting with analysts yesterday. He explained that instead of having thousands of vinyl albums online, the company has a system in place that lets it seamlessly offer inventory from roughly 100 vendors without actually owning that inventory, a model it might use with Anthropologie’s home goods.
Good for Urban.
- WATCH: Royal Blood Take Over Interview to Ask Rise Against’s Zach Blair the Tough Questions
- Bid On A Guitar Signed By RHCP For North Bay Fire Relief
- WATCH: These Rockers Have Some Serious Ink Game
- PHOTOS: The Killers On Stage At LIVE 105 Not So Silent Night 2017
- PHOTOS: Foster The People On Stage At LIVE 105 Not So Silent Night 2017
- BREAKING: Morrissey Cancels Last U.S. Appearance