In the spirit of the holidays, several artists have joined forces for a good cause.
The Band of Merrymakers, which includes members of Lady Antebellum, Neon Trees, Fitz and The Tantrums, 311, Better Than Ezra, 3OH!3, Smallpools, The Mowgli’s, Sinclair, and The Honeymoons, teamed up for the release of a new holiday song called “Must Be Christmas.”
The holiday song, written by Sam Hollander and Kevin Griffin of Better Than Ezra, came to be when both wondered where the holiday musical philanthropy has gone after discussing Band Aid’s “Do They Know It’s Christmas” and “A Very Special Christmas” compilations, which benefited the Special Olympics.
The group, called Band of Merrymakers, will donate a part of the proceeds of the song to nonprofit MusiCares. MusiCares was originally established to provide emergency financial assistance and addiction recovery resources to members of the music community.
“Sam Hollander is one of my favorite people in the business,” said Tyler Glenn, frontman of Neon Trees. “I thought this song that he wrote with Kevin Griffin was really fun and also expressed what the holidays are about for a lot of people.”
- Tyler Glenn Publicly Renounces Mormon Faith in ‘Excommunication’
- VIDEO: Tyler Glenn Of Neon Trees In The PlayStation Music Space
- Neon Trees Singer Tyler Glenn Releases First Solo Single ‘Shameless’
- Neon Trees Chronicle Heartbreak in ‘Songs I Can’t Listen To’ Video: Watch
- Neon Trees Release New Single, ‘Songs I Can’t Listen To’: Listen
- Alt Rock Supergroup Brings Holiday Cheer in ‘Must Be Christmas’ Video